Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks) is the owner of the electricity transmission and distribution networks in Northern Ireland, transporting electricity to over 900,000 customers including homes and businesses.
CIO – NIE Networks
Our role is to maintain and extend the electricity infrastructure across Northern Ireland, connect customers to the network and ensure that our equipment is safe and reliable. We also provide electricity meters and metering data to suppliers and market operators.
NIE Networks is a regulated company and business activities are overseen by the Utility Regulator. Our business plan for delivering our services to customers is approved for a number of years ahead with the current price control period set to run until 2025.
NIE Networks is part of the Electricity Supply Board (ESB), the vertically integrated energy group based in the Republic of Ireland (RoI). NIE Networks is an independent business within ESB with its own Board of Directors, management and staff.
Reporting to the MD, the CIO is a member of the Executive team responsible for developing and delivering the IT, Digital, Data and Cyber strategies to enable the success of NIE Networks. This is a new role for the organisation to further expand their Executive leadership team to deliver exceptional service to their growing customer base.
- Oversees strategy – IT, Cyber, Data, Digital – Develop these strategies as an integrated approach for NIE Networks that supports our overall Vision to deliver a sustainable energy system for all.
- Delivery of work programmes across all aspects of the portfolio using an appropriate blend of in house and external expertise including large projects across the IT and OT areas
- Architecture definition for all solutions
- Continually increasing cyber maturity across all areas of IT and OT as part of an overall focus on increasing business and particularly IT resilience
- Data Analytics – development of data and analytics platforms to support business needs and maximise the value and power of our network and business data assets.
- Ensure that NIE Networks has access to the best future thinking and emerging trends to maximise opportunities to increase efficiency, safety and outcomes for our network, our people and the people of Northern Ireland
- Lead a growing team of business partners across NIE Networks and develop productive external relationships with our OSPs and with the wider external networks of expertise.
- Make sure that the people in NIE Networks have the best possible user experience when interacting with our systems and our partners
- Nurture and recruit talent to ensure that we are equipped to meet emerging customer and business trends while exploiting technical developments that emerge in the market
- Work creatively as a member of the Executive team in NIE Networks and contribute to the contribution that NIE makes with all of our stakeholders.
The Person – Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of IT and digital technologies
- Recognised competence in cyber and system resilience
- Strong network with key external vendors and partners
- Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders as well as business concepts to technologists
- Experienced Senior Leader in IT roles (>15 years previous relevant experience)
A comprehensive candidate briefing document is available by downloading the candidate pack. For a confidential discussion please contact Joanne McAuley on 07834 321139 during business hours or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 25th September 2023.
NIE Networks is an equal opportunities employer and Clarendon Executive is acting as an agent on their behalf.